Friday 4 July 2008

Eddie Murphy - Eddie Murphy May Quit Movies


Eddie Murphy has hinted he may quit movies after the new instalment of the BEVERLEY HILLS COP franchise.

The 47-year-old has said he feels he has made enough movies and may return to the comedy circuit.

Murphy was a successful stand-up comedian before he broke into a movie career, with early performances DELIRIOUS and RAW being DVD bestsellers.

"Thirty years and I have close to 50 movies and it is like, 'Why am I in the movies? I've done that part now.'", he said.

"I'll go back to the stage and do stand-up".

He said he wants to ensure that BEVERLEY HILLS COP 4 is a good addition to the franchise, as the third movie was "horrible".

"The (third) movie wasn't ready to be done and they wrote some s**t down on paper and I said, 'Is this your phone number?' and they said, 'This is how much we're going to pay you.' "I said, 'Let's go shoot it! I don't care if the script ain't right.'".






See Also